whatever is most difficult

 

The night before school begins.

I am thinking wonderful thoughts as I love this time of the year.

 







I am aware, however, that some people don't love this time of the year.



Sometimes the effort, smiles and breathing that is required to Start A New School Year is so deafeningly exhausting. Period. Totally Understandable. 
 



For me, in my times of need - 
times when I NEED SOME PERSPECTIVE - I turn to a Master Artist, Poet, Storyteller and Word Smith ... Brian Andreas, author of all Story People stories & art Click Here to read more, admire, smile, laugh.



 
So, here is one of my most favorite Story People quotes for all who may be Worried about school or Are Freaking Out 
or Are Unsure @anything.
... Maybe you worry about connecting with your students, or your classroom being set up just right, or getting through the lessons you have planned, or meeting the new parents of your students, or or or or or or.



Thank you, Brian Andreas, for writing this thoughtful, powerful quote:

"THIS IS A GIANT BLOCK OF WHATEVER IS MOST DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO CARRY AND TRUST ME ON THIS YOU'LL CARRY IT MORE TIMES THAN YOU CAN COUNT UNTIL YOU DECIDE THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT TO DO MOST AND THEN IT WON'T WEIGH ANYTHING AT ALL."
brilliant.
stunning.
I can read it a million times and keep learning from it each time.

see how children make life so light and joyful and colorful? let go of whatever is most difficult.
Do YOU have a challenge starting a new school year?
How do you cope -  not just "get through it" -  yet actually embrace & celebrate a new school year? Stories? Strategies?

2 comments:

  1. That quote reminds me that it's all about perspective. What do I do? I embrace the stress, try to allow myself some grumpy times without guilt, and look forward to October :-)

    And I breathe... a lot.
    thanks for this post, Jeanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Pam - exactly perfectly well said :)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your ideas, comments and feedback! Thanks!